The term ‘LawBid’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 76 King Street, Manchester, M2 4NH. Our company number is 10252309 registered in England and Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- All communication between client and solicitor must take place through the LawBid user portal before a bid has been accepted. By completing the registration process with Lawbid Ltd, you agree not to disclose any personal information. For example your email address, telephone number, direct messages to the other party.
- LawBid ltd withholds the right to redact any information provided through the LawBid user portal that fails to adhere to the position specified in term 9.
- With exception to users who are subscribed to the Enterprise package, solicitor user profiles are strictly limited to one account per organisation.
- LawBid Ltd is not a firm of solicitors or barristers and does not operate as a legal practice.
- All information provided on the website is for informational, educational or entertainment purposes. No formal client-solicitor relationship exists between users and LawBid Ltd.
- By using LawBid you agree to only use the portal as intended.
- LawBid Ltd withholds the right to suspend accounts if any of the Terms and Conditions of use of breeched.
- Basic and Premium subscriptions do not guarantee a set number of cases; they instead provide a limit.
- LawBid Ltd acts as a matchmaker between client and solicitor. Once this match has been created, LawBid plays no further role in the relationship, nor does it accept liability for any damages or losses that occur following the formation of the match.
LawBid reserves the right to amend, redact and add to case descriptions posted by
clients for the purposes of:
- Ensuring information provided is not in breach of any of the terms included herein
- Correcting spelling, grammar or illegible information
A complimentary case is offered to solicitor firms in order to allow users to measure the LawBid experience for themselves. The initial case is free on the condition that the user purchases a subscription package upon the acceptance of their bid. LawBid reserves the right to deny the complimentary case if the user does not proceed to purchase a subscription package or for any other reason LawBid deems fit.
Whilst LawBid is not a firm of solicitors and does not provide legal advice to the client, LawBid will always act in the best interest of the client. In using the LawBid site you authorise LawBid to accept the lowest/appropriate bid from the most suitable solicitor on behalf of the client.
Refunds & Recredits
We offer a 14-day cooling-off period after making a purchase or a recredit to your LawBid account after a client has accepted. To claim your refund/recredit, simply email or call our team within this period or 14 days from the date of the clients acceptance. We are unable to offer reimbursement/recredit beyond the initial 14 days. Once this time has passed, we’re here to help you make the most of your subscription by taking full advantage of the service features.
The material displayed on the Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its correctness. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our network and third parties connected to us hereby explicitly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the use, inability to use or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it or any materials posted on it including, without limitation, any liability for:
- Loss of income or revenue;
- Loss of business;
- Loss of profits or contracts;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of data;
- Loss of goodwill;
- Wasted management or office time; and
- For any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for (a) death or personal injury arising from our negligence, (b) fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or (c) any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Reliance on information on the Site
Commentary and other materials posted on the Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed by any of its contents.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or downloading of any material posted on it, or any website linked to it.
Links from the Site
Where the Site contains or refers to links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these said links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.